Caring for the environment

Find out more about the work of Sustainable Hertford Heath

Strictly Maypole Dancing

It seems a long time ago but back in May we had our inaugural Maypole Dance. Thankfully the old adage of “build it and they will come..” worked out and there were lots that turned up and had a go at dancing.

Don’t mix up hummus and humus

Don’t mix up hummus and humus

Hummus is a delicious Middle Eastern dip made from cooked, mashed chickpeas blended with tahini, lemon juice, and garlic.

Renewable energy and a cider anyone?

Renewable energy and a cider anyone?

The main theme at this year’s Fayrley Big Picnic was renewable energy and the various opportunities to get involved in its growth.

Phew what a scorcher.......ideas for saving water

Phew what a scorcher.......ideas for saving water

Approximately 97.5% of the world’s water is locked in seas and oceans, too salty for human use. And most of the remaining 2.5% is in the ice caps.

The Fayrely Big Picnic

The Fayrely Big Picnic

Sustainable Hertford Heath’s (SHH) Fayrely Big Picnic is back again at 1pm on Saturday 3rd September 2022.

Community Orchard Update - Gavin’s Growing!

Community Orchard Update - Gavin’s Growing!

Its nearly 19 months since we planted the twelve new apple trees on the Hertford Heath Community Orchard. 

Hertford Heath Online logo

Hertford Heath Online is supported by a grant from East Herts Council

Image